|Register Now... Get Certified as a Pfilates Instructor!|
- Tokyo, Japan - Jan 26th & 27th 2013
- Vancouver, British Columbia - Feb 16th, 2013 - SOLD OUT
- Edmonton, Alberta - Feb 17th, 2013 - SOLD OUT
- Toronto, Ontario - Mar 23rd, 2013
- Tokyo, Japan - March 28th, 29th 2013 - SOLD OUT
- Fukuoka, Japan - March 30th, 31st 2013 - SOLD OUT
- Phoenix, AZ - Apr 3rd & 4th, 2013
- Seattle, WA - Jul 13th, 2013
- Chicago, IL - Sep 25th & 26th 2013
Pfilates goes beyond Kegel exercises by using movements that condition the pelvic floor but also tone the thighs and butt. Using pilates exercises based on extensive EMG recordings taken from the pelvic floor, Pfilates was created to provide a widely accessible method of recovering or enhancing pelvic floor strength.
Pelvic floor disorders are absolutely epidemic. Stress urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, women sexual dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse or prolapsed bladder, and fecal incontinence are so commonplace they are often regarded as the inevitable consequences of childbirth and aging. When these conditions are treated they are too often regarded as purely mechanical disorders requiring a surgical treatment. Although trained as a surgeon, I have come to regard these disorders as principally neuromuscular disorders deserving of a neuromuscular solution. Read on...